DISCLAIMER: Only CSE students that have received their two-term High School Scholarship (HSS) awards are eligible for a one-term CSE Scholarship at this time. For HSS recipients that have received their 1st HSS term award and are ready to apply for a 2nd HSS, please apply here: High School Scholarship Application.
The Concurrent Secondary Enrollment (CSE) Scholarship is designed to provide education opportunities to high school freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors residing in Asia who are concurrently enrolled at UMGC.
CSE Scholarship will award a non-refundable scholarship that will cover 50% of the tuition expense for one 3-credit course per term, with a limit of three terms of eligibility.
Upon gaining admission to UMGC as a concurrent student, high school students will be notified of eligibility for the first disbursement. For second and third disbursements, the student will need to submit an application for the CSE Scholarship, which will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once awarded, a Concurrent Secondary Enrollment student will receive an emailed award notification from our UMGC Asia financial aid office.
- New student to UMGC
- Current high school student–freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior
- SOFA sponsored dependent
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours during the term for which the award has been made
- Applicants must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
- Concurrent Secondary Enrollment students are eligible to receive the scholarship once per term for a maximum of three one–term awards. Terms do not have to be consecutive, as students will have to submit an application each time they would like to be considered for the scholarship after the first term award.
- CSE students that previously received the High School Scholarship (HSS) are eligible to receive one CSE scholarship award as non-degree seeking