Welcome to University of Maryland Global Campus Asia. Take the first steps toward reaching your degree goals while serving your country overseas.

Eligibility: Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, American employees of the U.S. Government, and their family members residing within an overseas contracted site may enroll in undergraduate classes through University of Maryland Global Campus Asia. UMGC Asia does have limited space available for some local students, please see undergraduate admission requirements.

Note: All Active Duty Service Members (including Guard and Reserve) must contact their Education Service Officer (ESO) or Education Counselor within your branch of service prior to enrolling in any college or university. To receive the reduced military tuition rate, you must submit documentation to verify your eligibility in accordance with the procedures for receiving the military tuition rate within 30 days after applying for admission to UMGC. If you do not submit sufficient documentation within the deadline, your tuition rate will be changed to the appropriate rate.

To get started, follow these steps:

1. Apply for Admission

All active-duty Air Force, Navy, Marines, spouses, family members, and civilians.

  1. Go to the online application

  2. Select Asia Undergraduate (certificate program, associate's, or bachelor's degree) or Asia Graduate

  3. Complete and submit the form (your UserID and password will be e-mailed to you)

  4. Pay the application fee through MyUMGC

  5. Request your official high school transcript, GED, or international evaluation to submit to UMGC.

Army Active Duty

  1. New Go Army Ed users: Visit the  GoArmyEd portal and select "New User, then complete the required information.

  2. If you have previously activated an account with GoArmyEd: Please submit a change to Home College and/or degree plan by meeting with your local Army Education Counselor. Pay your application fee and then proceed to Step #3.

  3. Pay the application fee through MyUMGC

  4. Request your official high school transcript, GED, or international evaluation to submit to UMGC.

Note: You will be issued a MyUMGC username and password after your Common Application is submitted, in order to access MyUMGC. This is necessary to pay any fees not covered by TA.

2. Meet your Academic Advisor

Map out classes and see how previous credits may transfer to your program with your local academic advisor. Request a tentative evaluation to get started with your degree.

3. Servicemembers: Obtain Tuition Assistance

Air Force, Navy, Marines Active Duty

Army Active Duty

  1. Log in to the GoArmyEd portal using your username and password
  2. Select the “Request TA Access” Smart Link, and complete the following steps:
    1. Verification of TA eligibility
    2. Review of training
    3. Submission of your TA Statement of Understanding (SOU)
    4. Selection of home school and degree plan
    5. Completion of the Common Application
  3. After you complete the steps listed above, your Army education counselor/ESO will review your application. You will receive an e-mail when your application has been approved and you have access to request TA.

Note: After you complete the Common Application through GoArmyEd, UMGC Asia is automatically notified that an official evaluation is requested for you. However, you must provide UMGC with any documentation needed for an official evaluation.

4. Register for Classes

All Active Duty Air Force, Navy, Marines, Spouses, Family Members, and Civilians

  1. Choose courses to take from the current schedule. Be sure to write down the five-digit class number.
  2. Next, log in to MyUMGC for Students
  3. Navigate to: Search for Classes
    • Select the Semester and Subject and click "Search"
    • Click "Add Class to Cart"
    • Click the cart, select the semester & class and click "Register for Classes"

Army Active Duty

  1. Go to the current schedule, locate the course(s) you want, and write down each GoArmyEd number.
  2. Log in to your GoArmyEd portal
  3. My Virtual CenterEnroll or Drop/Withdraw from a CourseRequest TA and Enroll in a Course
  4. Verify account information, click Continue, then select the term for your course start date
  5. Enter the GoArmyEd class number(s) in the registration request, click Proceed to Step 2 of 3, and click Process Enrollment

5. Request an Official Evaluation

Request official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, Joint Services Transcript (if current or former military), CLEP, DANTES, DLPT, ECEP, or AP test results. Send them directly from each institution to the address below. Read more information about submitting your transcripts.


University of Maryland Global Campus
Attn: Undergraduate Transcripts
3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, MD 20783-8075


University of Maryland Global Campus
Attn: Graduate Transcripts
3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, MD 20783-8075

6. Get Started on Financial Aid and Scholarships