The dedicated Veteran Certification Office at University of Maryland Global Campus processes your paperwork for education benefits quickly and efficiently, and we work in accordance with federal and state regulations so you can stay focused on earning your degree.

Certification of Veterans Benefits

After you've followed the steps to get started at UMGC and registered for classes, you'll need to complete the Request for Certification Form through MyUMGC, the online home of your student account.

UMGC works directly with the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide information about the classes you're taking. We certify to the VA that you are on track with your program and all courses you're taking are applicable to your degree plan.

You also can make changes to your benefits and monitor the processing of your benefits through MyUMGC.

Requesting and Adjusting Certification of VA Benefits

If you wish to use VA education benefits, you must follow these instructions each registration period (fall, spring, summer) to request certification of enrollments with UMGC:

Log in to MyUMGC > Finances > Veteran Certification

Once submitted, the certification form will notify the UMGC VA office of the intent to use VA benefits for the current term. This form is not sent to the VA office in Buffalo.

If you enroll in any additional classes within the same term for which you have already requested certification, you must complete the "Adjust My Certification" request in the MyUMGC portal. This will inform the UMGC Asia VA office of additional enrollments.

Any cancellations, drops, or withdrawals made to enrollments will be automatically processed and reported to the VA. No further action is required on your part. However, please note that if a payment has already been received, you may be required to reimburse the VA for any adjustment that results in an overpayment.

For additional information, please contact for assistance.