Skip Navigation
Skip to Menu Toggle Button

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts

Military spouses may be eligible for up to $4,000 in financial assistance through the MyCAA scholarship program.

As a military spouse, you deserve a high-quality education that leads to an in-demand career. What's more, you need a career path that's portable, so relocation never gets in the way of reaching your goals. Whether you are studying at the undergraduate or graduate level, you may be eligible for up to $4,000 in financial assistance through the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) scholarship program.

The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides eligible military spouses with up to $4,000 in financial assistance toward an Associate of Arts or approved undergraduate certificate that leads to a third-party validated industry certificationSee the guidelines below for eligibility requirements and program details:

MyCAA Eligible Programs

The U.S. Department of Defense administers the MyCAA Scholarship Program, which covers tuition for courses and exams that lead to any and all associate degrees. The DoD summarizes the program at a high level, explaining that the scholarship "covers the costs for obtaining a license, certificate, or certification at an accredited college, university or technical school in the United States or approved testing organization that expands employment or portable career opportunities for military spouses."

In addition to UMGC's Associate of Arts, the following UMGC undergraduate certificate programs are also eligible for MyCAA funding: Advanced Management, Computer Networking, Cyber Threat Hunting, Human Resource Management, and Project Management. You can apply all of the credits you earn in one of these undergraduate certificate programs to an associate or bachelor's degree.

Eligibility for Military Spouse Benefits

Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-6, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-3 who have successfully completed high school and have the ability to request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders are eligible. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserves in these same pay grades are eligible.

How to Get Started in the MyCAA Program

Getting started using your MyCAA benefit at UMGC is easy.

  1. Send an e-mail to your UMGC Asia academic advisor and give your name, contact information, and location.
  2. Visit the MyCAA webpage and click on Register. Read the MyCAA Fact Sheet and follow the instructions on the next page to create a MyCAA account. Review and digitally sign the MyCAA online Statement of Understanding Terms and Conditions.
  3. Create an Education and Training Plan with your UMGC Asia academic advisor, then get it approved by a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant. MyCAA does not reimburse for classes that have already started.
  4. New students must fill out the e-Application (click on Apply Now) for admission to UMGC.
  5. Enroll in your selected program or course at UMGC.

For more information about MyCAA, please contact your UMGC Asia academic advisor. We also encourage you to explore the many financial aid opportunities available to you while enrolled in UMGC Asia. These include Pell Grants, scholarships, loans, and monthly payment plans. Military OneSource career and education counselors are available to provide additional counseling and support. For more details, visit the MyCAA website.

Contact Us

Our helpful admissions advisors can help you choose an academic program to fit your career goals, estimate your transfer credits, and develop a plan for your education costs that fits your budget. If you're a current UMGC student, please visit the Help Center.

Personal Information
Contact Information
This is a required field.
Additional Information
This field is required.
This field is required.
U.S. Military Affiliation required

By submitting this form, you acknowledge that you intend to sign this form electronically and that your electronic signature is the equivalent of a handwritten signature, with all the same legal and binding effect. You are giving your express written consent without obligation for UMGC to contact you regarding our educational programs and services using e-mail, phone, or text, including automated technology for calls and/or texts to the mobile number(s) provided. For more details, including how to opt out, read our privacy policy or contact an admissions advisor.

Please wait as we send your request.