Liberal arts programs at University of Maryland Global Campus Asia provide a well-rounded education that can be easily customized with a variety of minors. Hone your communication skills; deepen your understanding of the world through cultural studies, history, and psychology; or tackle current issues with sociology and political science. An online liberal arts degree or certificate can help you develop vital skills to succeed in any industry.
Enhance Your Professional Value with a Liberal Arts Education
Why Study Liberal Arts or Communication at UMGC
- Learn to think critically: UMGC's programs can help you develop your global perspective, become an innovative thinker, and solve complex problems.
- Learn practical skills: Build the foundational competencies employers want, including communication and interpersonal skills, a global perspective, and the ability to research and analyze. Communication skills like active listening, speaking, reading comprehension, critical thinking, and writing are highly valued in the job market. Communication skills like active listening, speaking, reading comprehension, critical thinking, and writing are highly valued in the job market. Source
- Earn a respected degree: UMGC was founded over 70 years ago to meet the needs of working adults. We pair the flexibility of online learning with the reputation of a public state university.
- Save on materials: Study from anywhere with no-cost digital course materials for nearly all classes.
- Support for job-seekers: UMGC's Career Services include resume-writing advice, interview tips, and in-person and online job fairs.
- Get credit for your experience: Qualifying prior work, training, and military experience can all be applied toward your degree.
- Choose from a variety of career paths: A liberal arts, communication, or humanities degree provides practical career preparation applicable to a wide range of industries.